WHAT EVERY DISCIPLE NEEDS TO KNOW
1. Hearing about the possibility of defecting from following Jesus, would you like to share a major time of temptation you wrestled with your faith? What was the temptation pulling you to turn from the faith and how did God preserve you through this or bring you back? V1-2
2. What is a time where you’ve seen Rebuke of another disciple go badly and what is an occasion where you have received Rebuke from another believer, and it has been helpful to you? v.3-5
3. What does forgiveness in the church and in a family look like in light of v.3-4
4. What can faith do for a disciple of Jesus? How does it change the way we live?
5. How does recognizing our status as servants of Jesus who do our duty (according to v. 7-10) change our perspective? Does this change our understanding servant leadership, why or why not?
6. How might you use these discipleship teachings of Jesus to help your children or a younger disciple in their following of Jesus?