CHRIST BRINGING FREEDOM "FAR AS THE CURSE IS FOUND"
Don't have to do all of these! Just ideas this week. :)
1. How does Jesus purposefully moving toward the land of the Gerasenes and this man in particular reflect the bigger reality of Christ's mission?
2. Why would "the enemy" seek to isolate this man from everyone?
In what ways are we tempted to do the same when we are in a really dark place?
Why is is that convinces us that healing will come if we just pull back from the means of grace found in the communal life of the church?
3. What we we mean when we say that on the cross Christ "became the Gerasene in order to redeem the Gerasene?"
4. Have you experienced the power/grace of Christ in your life in a way that "set you free?" What was that like?
5. Why didn't Christ allow the man to accompany Him back on His mission to "Israel?"
What would it have been like for this man to "go home" and be received by his family/community?