1. Does our current American culture encourage us to "establish our own identity" or "receive our identity?" What does that conversation sound like?
2. What do we mean when we say that "in the gospel we receive our foundational identity by hearing the Father say to us 'You are?'"
3. How would the Father's words to Jesus at His baptism have established His identity in beautiful ways as He began His mission?
4. What rhythms do you have in your life where you continue to hear/be reminded of your identity in Christ?
5. Given that "sonship" (being declared sons and daughters of God) is our foundational identity, what are some other identities that:
1) God assigns to us and shapes how we live out?
2) God calls us away from?