1. When you hear the word “impose,” do you think of it as negative or positive? Give examples.
2. What do we mean when we say that one way of understanding conversion is that “in love, Christ imposes on us?”
3. When Simon realized that Jesus was there to “catch” him and not fish, what was his response? What are some reasons he may have responded that way? How do you see this kind of push away of Christ in your own life?
4. Why was it a really big deal for Simon in that specific moment (after the crazy haul) to leave everything and follow Jesus? What does this teach us about the joy and the cost of following Christ?
5. Are there any circumstances in your life right now that may be Christ imposing on you and calling you into a deeper embrace of gospel life and mission?