THE GOSPEL AND THE GOODNESS OF TOUCH
1. We said that, "In wisdom and love, our Creator infused five senses into the human experience, one of which is called touch. We were made to touch and be touched in holy, warm, appropriate, affirming ways. To never touch or be touched is to lose something essential about being human." What examples can you think of when you have experienced this good gift of touch from someone?
2. What would life have been like for the leper in this story? Articulating all the ways in which he suffered because of his condition helps us better understand his urgency in approaching Jesus.
3. Jesus didn't need to touch him to heal him. But He did. What would Jesus "reaching out his hand and touching him" have communicated to the man? To the crowd?
4. How does this scene point to the broader mission Jesus was on?
5. How can we foster a culture of holy, warm, appropriate, ministering, healing touch at Seven Mile Road? What would that look like for us? For you?