1. What was the disciples’ initial reaction to Jesus walking with them on the road to Emmaus?
2. Why does Jesus rebuke the disciples for not understanding the Scriptures?
3. How does Jesus reveal himself to the disciples on the road to Emmaus?
4. Why is it significant that Jesus is the authoritative interpreter of the Scriptures?
5. What does it mean to have a slow heart to believe? Where does your heart tend to be slow to believe?
6. What can we learn from the disciples’ experience on the road to Emmaus?